Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays

Top Ten Best/Worst Series Endings

Best

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy

The ending of Mockingjay broke my heart, but I still felt the ending was appropriate and really got the point across. Anything else would have seemed like taking the easy way out. It was sad, but necessary. I approve.

2. The Twilight Saga

Ok, by saying I liked the ending of this series is NOT the same as saying I think it was well-written or quality literature. Because the Twilight books were neither of those things. But they sure were entertaining! And Breaking Dawn wrapped up all the loose ends, while also leaving the possibility that maybe some day a spin-off could be written... All my questions were answered in the end and I was happy.

3.  Pretty Little Liars

I know this series is not concluded, and probably won't be for a long time, but these books are my guilty pleasure. And there's so many of them that I feel like they won't end until we have learned everything and all the mysteries have been solved.

4.  Anna Dressed in Blood/Girl of Nightmares

Why couldn't there be more?! I kinda wish there had been more focus on Anna in the second book, but Kendare Blake knew what she was doing and both books rocked my world!

5. I need to finish more series!

Worst


6.  Fallen Series

Yawn. Stop whining. Enough already.

7.  Matched Trilogy

This makes me sad because Matched was super cute, and I really enjoyed Crossed. But something about Reached just didn't work for me. It seemed like the book couldn't decide what it wanted to be. The story went off in one direction then changed it's mind and went back in a different direction. I guess two out of three isn't horrible...

8. Shiver

I know this was a series but I didn't even bother with the second two. I finished the first book because I have NEVER DNF a book, but I didn't even consider reading the other books. I just wanted the first one to end. By the last five or six chapters, I was just reading the first and last page of each chapter because I wanted it to be over. 

9.  Wings Series

This should have been a trilogy. I think it would have been ok with three books. But turning it into four books just seemed like a stretch. Cute stories and ideas, but quit while you're ahead. For the record, I did enjoy the books, just don't believe there was really enough there for four books.

10.  Again, need to finish more series!

Series I Can't Wait To Finish:



No comments:

Post a Comment