Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays

Top 10 Character Names

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a different question is posed and gives us bloggers an opportunity to share our top tens on all different types of bookish topics. 

Since I couldn't possibly choose just 10 names total...I decided to put a little spin on this and pick my top 10 favorite boy names AND my top 10 favorite girl names!

GIRLS

1. Katniss from The Hunger Games.  The name is just synonymous with being awesome. 
2. Sethie from The Stone Girl.  Short for Sarah Beth, and for some reason I just love it. I hate the name Seth for a boy, but Sethie somehow works for me.
3. Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird.  I named my dog after this character was I was in 9th grade. That dog is still alive and going strong today. She has a good name to keep her going!
4. Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. The name is such a perfect fit for such a damaged character.
5. Spencer from Pretty Little Liars.  I love girls who can pull off a boys name.
6. Cassia from the Matched trilogy. The way I'm pronouncing it is really pretty in my head.
7. Cinder from (duh) Cinder. Love the Cinderella spin-off. It works.
8. Clary from The Mortal Instruments Series. I've always loved the name Clare, and I think I might like Clary even better.
9. Rory from The Name of the Star. I'm obsessed with Gilmore Girls, so of course Rory is a favorite name of mine. Especially when I like the new character who borrows the name.
10. Ismae from Grave Mercy. She was a strong character and carried her unusual name well. 

BOYS

1. Jace from The Mortal Instruments Series. It's short for JC and something about Jace just sounds so cool.
2. Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird. A cooler dad name has never existed.
3. Ash from Black City. In a damaged city that has been burned to the ground, what name could be more fitting for the male hero than Ash?
4. Archer from Hex Hall. What a swagalicious name.
5. Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I loved him so much that his name was automatically cool.
6. Ky from the Matched trilogy. I'm not usually a fan of such short names because they seem awkward, but somehow this one worked for me.
7. Duval from Grave Mercy. Such a strong, manly name!
8. Percy from The Lightning Thief. It sounds old-fashioned and modern at the same time. 
9. Aspen from The Selection. Hated the female main character's name, hated the other main male character's name, but LOVE the name Aspen!
10. It's past my bedtime I give up...

Thanks for stopping by!

  

1 comment:

  1. Katniss is in my list too!! Atticus and Ismae are really weird names..

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete